We’ve found that a number of individuals who have visited our stores have done so with the belief that you must be receiving benefits to buy items from CT Furniture. This is not true.
Our stores are open to people from all walks of life, although we do aim to ensure that our furniture is affordable for individuals on low incomes, which is why we work in partnership with Sandwell Council to provide recipients of low welfare provision with furniture.
The scheme aims to provide support where:
• A household does not have enough resources to meet an urgent need or crisis that poses an immediate and substantial risk to their health and safety. A crisis is an urgent need because of an emergency, disaster, unforeseen circumstance or a pressing need that is strikingly different from the normal pressures associated with managing on a low income.
• Someone is leaving care and needs essential household items to establish themselves in the community
• Someone needs essential household items to set up a home as part of a planned resettlement program.
To be able to get assistance through Sandwell’s LWP scheme, customers must:
• Be aged 18 or over
• Have been living in Sandwell immediately before requesting assistance
Be receiving one of the following benefits:
o Income Support
o Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance
o Income related Employment and Support Allowance
o Pension Credit (Guarantee Element only).
o Universal Credit – Where you qualify for the full Allowance (i.e. There are no deductions for employment)
CT Furniture Sandwell work in partnership with Sandwell’s LWP to provide the following:
• Furniture / White Goods – All furniture will be good second hand furniture except for white goods and mattresses.
To access Sandwell’s LWP scheme, you will need to go to your local neighbourhood office in Sandwell to be referred to the scheme.
For more information visit http://bit.ly/CTFLWP to find available furniture visit our Sandwell Store’s Facebook Page.
Don’t forget that if you’re not receiving benefits we have furniture available to you too!